1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adding Tracks to Audiobook

Discussion in 'Audiobooks' started by Neil, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Neil

Neil New Member

Hello Kirk and community

I purchased and downloaded to my iTunes 12.4.3.1 (running OS X 10.11.6) an 8CD audiobook. I was able to burn it to 8 CDs. I am finding it very difficult to locate where I left off listening and would like to "index" the chapters. Sounds like they are 3-4 chapters per CD.

How can I do index a CD?
    What software do I need to make that happen?
    I presume I might need to re-burn to CD. Is that correct?
    What are the steps I need to take?

I need some help and guidance about how to do this (add tracks) so that I can more easily locate the place where I left off listening - or at least locate the beginning of a chapter.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Thank you in advance

Cheers
    Neil

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

3. Neil

Neil New Member

Thank you, Kirk

I have read a couple of times the MW article and did not find a solution to address what I am looking to accomplish. So, emailing you back again!

My situation is that I have this recently purchased the equivalent of an 8 Cd audio book in iTunes now. Each one is a single track as a result of the way it got downloaded. I would like to burn Cds from each. However, I would like to add tracks to those CDs as I am burning it - so that I can easily go back to that spot, rather than spend a loooong time fast forwarding to where I left of.

Do tracks already exist - for example for each chapter? - and I made a mistake when I dowloaded it?

So, how do I create myself a set of Cds which have tracks on them?

Cheers
    Neil

4. kirk

No, there are no "tracks" on audiobooks from the iTunes Store or from Audible. They're in long files; either a single file per book, or two or three files for very long books.

5. Neil

Neil New Member

Thank you for making that clear.

What ways do you know of to create tracks?
    What software or method?

I am happy to redownload into itunes or other software to create tracks

Thank you
    Neil

6. kirk

You can't split the files; they have DRM so you can't do anything to them. You could record the files then split them, using software like Audio Hijack, but that records them in real time, and it's a lot of work. Also, you'd need to find where each track begins and ends. I don't know that I'd bother with that much work.

7. Neil

Neil New Member

Thanks again. I'll take a closer look at Audio Hijack. Since we are doing a class, we might decide it is worth doing for us.