1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Adobe Lightroom

Discussion in 'Theater & Other Arts' started by Fortes, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Fortes

Fortes New Member

Hey Kirk -- a few months back you mentioned that you'd started an Adobe Lightroom trial; I'd be very interested to read where you and others now are photo-wise and what you think.

Seems to me a lot, maybe most, Apple folk with a camera must be looking for a Photo alternative.

Fortes

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

I gave up. It was way too complicated for me. Plus, I've just moved to a new house, so I haven't shot any photos, other than with my iPhone, in a couple of months. When we get settled, I might consider it again, but the learning curve was so steep, I might just stick with Photos and Acorn for minor editing.

3. Fortes

Fortes New Member

Gosh, not what I'd hoped to hear BUT a well-known state for me too.

Years ago I thought Photoshop Elements must be the way to go, so tried with the help of several Missing Manual guides -- pretty good and with an excellent writer, Barbara Brundage. After several years, versions and Manuals I gave up. Never did get on top of it.

All of which is a problem because with Aperture gone and Photos something else, there's stuff missing and like you, now all I use is Acorn. That and a couple of special tools, excellent for what they do: PTLens and PTGui. And of course Preview (which TidBITS is about to cover with a new Take Control booklet).

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  4. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

I find Photos excellent for organizing my photos; I don't shoot a lot. And I really don't know what I want to do with them, if I edit them. One of the things about Lightroom, and articles I read, is that you can do pretty much anything with pictures. I'm not that interested in CGI-ing my photos, at least not yet.