1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Music matched tracks disappear if record label pulls the track

Discussion in 'Apple Music & iTunes Match' started by pinkoos, Jan 20, 2017.

1. pinkoos

pinkoos New Member

This is a major annoyance and one of the reasons I'm seriously considering leaving Apple Music.

Take, for example, Sinead O'Connor's album I Do Not Want What I Haven't Got.

For some reason, it's no longer on Apple Music or Google Play Music, but it still on Spotify and Deezer.

Anyway, I own the album and had uploaded it or matched it whenever iTunes Match first came out. I also uploaded it into Google Play Music's free 20,000 song "locker."

However, now, when I want to play it on my phone, Apple Music can't find it if I search under "Apple Music" but can find it if I search under "Your Library," BUT won't play several of the songs for some reason. I used to get a diaglog on my phone that was something to the effect that "this song is no longer available," but now I don't even get that. It just skips to the next available track on the album. I've tried deleting the album and then somehow forcing an iCloud Music Library from my Mac with no luck.

This is just one example. I believe I have probably 200 songs spread over multiple albums that have a similar problem.

I don't get what's wrong and why Apple has made it so complicated.

In contrast, I can go directly to "My Library" on Google Play Music, select it and play the whole album without problems. I don't know if this is b/c Google Play didn't do any matching, it just uploaded whatever I have, stores it there and plays it regardless of whether a record label pulls it off their streaming service or not.

Anyway, one of my several frustrations with Apple Music. Ugh.

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

I would suggest removing them from the library then re-adding them so iTunes matches them or uploads them. When songs are pulled, it might confuse things in the master database.

3. pinkoos

pinkoos New Member

Thanks Kirk. Is there a way to identify which tracks are effected via a smart playlist?

4. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

iCloud Status is No Longer Available .

5. pinkoos

pinkoos New Member

Thanks!