1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audiobook descriptions

Discussion in 'Audiobooks' started by Chuck Dresel, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Chuck Dresel

Chuck Dresel New Member

As a collector of audiobooks I would like to see a description field in iTunes for audiobooks. Much like in the Movie section when clicking on a movie you see it's description. But when you click on an audiobook all you see are the tracks and a big blank space where a description ought to be. This would seem to be a simple fix for apple to make. Currently the only way to see a description of an audiobook in iTunes is to "get info" on it, an unnecessary step in my opinion.

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

Choose Audiobook List from the View Options popover at the top right of the iTunes window; that shows a list in columns, one of which is Description.

3. Chuck Dresel

Chuck Dresel New Member

Yes, but you only get a truncated description, one line of what is probably a paragraph or two.

4. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

Right, there's no way to see more than that, alas.

Looking at audiobooks I've bought from Audible, I see that the descriptions are truncated anyway. On my 27" iMac, I can display the column wide enough to see everything there is.