1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case for Apple TV Remote

Discussion in 'Apple TV' started by PJ07, Jan 5, 2016.

1. PJ07

PJ07 Member

On an impulse, I bought the Griffin case in the attached foto. A case for an Apple TV remote seemed a bit silly but, surprisingly, I really like it. It does three things well:

- It's grippy, so the Apple TV feels less slippery and more secure in your hand
    - It almost completely covers the non-trackpad end of the remote, so when you pick up the remote, you intuitively know which way to hold it (rather than picking it up by the wrong end and trying to press on the non-trackpad end!)
    - If you have kids in the house, it offers a bit of protection for an item that Apple will charge you $79 (in the USA) to replace

Attached Files:

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

I generally use the old remote from the previous Apple TV, because this new one is such a kludge. The last thing I want to worry about when I want to quickly use a remote is picking it up in the correct direction. I agree that the case prevents that, but one shouldn't need a case for a remote.