1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create New Version??

Discussion in 'Ripping, Converting, Files & Formats' started by drumfiller, Oct 17, 2015.

1. drumfiller

drumfiller New Member

Hi Kirk!

My ever growing library is approaching 35,000 songs. I have a few issues/questions.

In order to organize and resolve inconsistency, I had opted for ITunes Match for a year. However, as you very well know, the cap on how many songs that will be matched is 25,000. This same cap applies to Apple Music. So I am opting not to use either.

That brings me to my query. I would like to change the info of my songs, specifically the genres of all songs to Unknown (until some genius figures out a calculated system for identifying proper genres for music). However, I can't change info for all the songs because they are not all in the same format (error message). If I change a song using Create New Version, I end up with a duplicate song that I can't tell if is Apple Lossless or the original because there is no identifier other than digging through each tracks info.

What is the simplest way to format all my songs to one version, get proper artwork, and be able to change the genre to Unknown (for sake of argument/my own piece of mind)??

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member