1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Font type/size change?

Discussion in 'General iTunes Usage' started by BramSmits, May 19, 2017.

1. BramSmits

BramSmits New Member

Hi all,

Since the new update (12.6.1.25) my iTunes looks off. I'm not sure if the font type changed, the font size changed or both. Altogether it looks more zoomed out than it used to be (i.e. the column browser now shows five entries, wheread it previously showed four).

I know I'm quite allergic to even the most minute changes, but I'm quite surprised that I'm unable to find any comments on this online. Am I the only one who's experiencing this?

I've been wondering if it's even an iTunes-problem, or if this was caused by a general windows / dell / graphics update?

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

I don't use Windows, so your guess is as good as mine. I would think that if you have a corrupted or missing font, some weirdness would happen.

3. BramSmits

BramSmits New Member

I've managed to fix the problem by going back to the previous version of iTunes, which allowed me to take comparative screenshots.
    The problem isn't so much in the font type or size, as much as it's in the distance between the different list items.

This is what my iTunes always looked like (and now thankfully looks like again)
    upload_2017-5-20_18-37-33.png

This is what my iTunes looked like after the new update
    upload_2017-5-20_18-38-10.png

4. someToast

someToast Member

Did the “List Size” preference change from Medium to Small?

5. kirk

The font looks exactly the same, it's the line spacing that's changed. That could be because of a change in a fonts metrics, but it could be something else. FWIW, there was no change like that on the Mac version.

6. BramSmits

BramSmits New Member

No. It was medium in both cases.

7. BramSmits

BramSmits New Member

Exactly, the line spacing was affected in the update. Interesting to hear that the Mac version wasn't affected. I do hope they fix it in later updates, but for now I'm just happy I managed to revert it back to the old version.

8. someToast

someToast Member

Yeah, I hadn’t seen that the UI spacing was affected as well, in the menu bar, the category menu, and the search field.

9. kirk

I still think it's something wrong with the font. If you look at the Library button, you can see that the text is too close to the bottom. It's as though the line spacing setting for the font is messed up. I don't think this is an iTunes issue.

10. BramSmits

BramSmits New Member

Would you have any idea as to how to fix it? I went back to the previous version of iTunes, but if the problem isn't iTunes-related and I could fix it, that might enable me to use the newest update of iTunes.

11. kirk

I think you need to find the font that's used, then somehow check if its corrupted, but I don't know how to do that on Windows.