1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with a school project

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jesse Garza, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Jesse Garza

Jesse Garza New Member

Hi, everyone; I signed up for a Product Management course and was asked to work on a "product" as part of it. A suggestion was to "try to improve on something that bothered us", and my first thought was the Music app in iOS—specifically, that the UI is too bloated and convoluted for someone who just wants to listen to "their" music (locally stored files). It also bothers me that the fonts are so tiny, and that the playback controls are small and easy to miss if you're not giving the app your full intention. So I'd like to explore the idea of an app that just plays your synced music (in other words, no radio(s), Apple Music, matched items, or Connect, and no need to sign in or be online), that is easy to read, and can be controlled with gestures (like swipes for previous/next tracks). I realize there are a number of apps that already do that, but my intention isn't really to build an actual app for sale, but rather, go through the different steps of "product management". One of our first tasks is to interview our potential users, to define needs, features, and benefits, and eventually determine one or more "personas". So I'm looking for people who still bother with collecting digital music files, curating their collection, and listening to it on the go, who have 10 minutes or so to spare for a Skype-type conversation. Any and all help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!