1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to See Libraries in Home Sharing?

Discussion in 'General iTunes Usage' started by Mark Zimmer, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer New Member

I'm using two PCs, both on the same home network. Both are running, both have iTunes running. I've turned on and turned off and turned on home sharing on both PCs, but neither one sees the other's library. Bonjour is running on both. I've followed all the troubleshooting steps (yes, my computer is on) and no joy. Any ideas as to what's going on here?

Thanks.

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

No parental controls? No firewall software? Both signed into the same Apple ID?

3. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer New Member

No parental controls.
    Windows Firewall only; both iTunes and Bonjour are configured as exceptions to be allowed through the firewall.
    Both signed into same Apple ID
    Both running as Administrator

I'm stumped.

4. kirk

Me too. I've never not seen mine.

Are both computers set to DHCP in network settings? You're sure that one isn't on a different wifi network...?

5. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer New Member

All on same wifi network.
    I'm not sure how/where to check network settings for DHCP (using Windows 10).
    Double checked, both computers have file sharing enabled too.

6. kirk

File Sharing has nothing to do with it. I don't know where network settings are. I suspect it has something to do with your router, but this is very hard to diagnose.