1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iOS 10 doesn't display smart playlist content

Discussion in 'Syncing iOS Devices' started by Caleb Deupree, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Caleb Deupree

Caleb Deupree New Member

I installed iOS 10 on my iPhone 6 today. Most of the smart playlists in my library (10 out of 13) on my phone are now empty. The songs in the playlists have all been copied to the iPhone, but the playlists themselves are, for the most part, empty. The exceptions are Recently Added Music (which seems to have some special significance on the iPhone), a playlist which contains only two songs, and one of my regular playlists (out of about 10).

Among the icons in the little three-dot menu is Download. I am not a subscriber to Apple Music, and I have turned off Show Apple Music in Settings. What is the meaning of this Download button? The playlists which have content proudly announce Downloaded at the top. I tried tapping it in one of my content-missing playlists, and the only result was that the option disappeared off the menu the next time I tapped it. No content appeared in my playlist, even though the songs are present on my iPhone.

Anyone else experiencing this behavior with smart playlists and iOS 10?