1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPad space incorrect in iTunes

Discussion in 'Syncing iOS Devices' started by Kenji, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Kenji

Kenji New Member

I back up and sync my IOS devices with iTunes on my Mac via USB. For months now, my iPad 3rd gen appears full or over-capacity in iTunes, but syncs OK anyway. The iTunes space graph looks like this... upload_2016-4-5_17-13-17.png
    but the iPad says plenty of room...
    upload_2016-4-5_17-13-37.png

Syncs still work as expected, but the iTunes graph remains inaccurate. This has persisted over IOS and Mac OS and iTunes version updates. It seems to have started after I set up iCloud Photos sync, but there should still be plenty of room, this is from iCloud settings...
    upload_2016-4-5_17-23-29.png
    The iPhone does not have the same problem...
    upload_2016-4-5_17-24-55.png
    What is the deal?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

I've seen this off and on over the years with a number of iOS devices. Sometimes, I go to sync the device, and I see free space - or no free space - and the display changes when I click the Sync button. You can try restoring the device; that generally fixes the issue. But sometimes it lingers on even after a restore...

3. Kenji

Kenji New Member

So you don't think it has anything to do with iCloud Photos linking?

As long as iTunes sync still works other than the space display, I guess I'll live with it.

Thanks, Kirk!

4. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

No, I've seen that for years, long before iCloud Photo Library.