1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone keeps syncing same 1026 songs

Discussion in 'Syncing iOS Devices' started by polyandy, Jan 24, 2016.

1. polyandy

polyandy New Member

I have a frustrating issue where every time I sync my iPhone 6 (latest OS) with iTunes (v 12.3.2.35 and El Capitan) it erases and re-syncs the same 1026 tracks each time. The other 8200 songs on my iPhone behave normally - they don't re-sync each time. I've tried disabling music sync - wiping music from iPhone and then adding all music back. I've also tried disabling smart playlist syncing. Nothing helps so far. Apple has no idea - they just told me to restore my iPhone, which I am loath to do. (I used to have to restore my iPhone regularly to get artwork to sync).

I don't see any rhyme or reason to the songs that are re-syncing. Some I've listened to recently, others not for a year or more.

Thanks for any ideas!

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

I've seen that off and on over the years; never that many songs though. Sometimes, when I change a lot of music on my iPhone, a few dozen songs sync multiple times, but eventually stop. I have no idea what causes it, and restoring the phone is probably the only thing I can think of.