1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ITunes Match streaming?

Discussion in 'Apple Music & iTunes Match' started by Zubcut, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Zubcut

Zubcut New Member

I currently have iTunes Match and my 3 month Apple Music subscriptions. Both are soon to expire. Are tracks played really streaming to my iPhone or are or are they cached and still taking room in storage? It looks like they are just streaming, as before, on iTunes Match everything you played downloaded and were a pain to get rid of. I like the streaming method much better as long as clearing the cache (if there is one) is easy. I'm wondering if I cancel Apple Music and keep Match, will it revert to the straight downloading of tracks again instead of streaming them.​

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

They're cached. The only way to delete the cache is to turn of iCloud Music Library and turn it back on again. Unfortunately, there's no way to limit the size of the cache, or delete it other than the iCloud Music Library toggle. If you do download them, then at least you can decide what to delete when you need to make space.

3. kenny keith

kenny keith New Member

You can save the iTunes media files in your computer. Next time you want to play them, you can use other players instead of Apple product.
    But you should know that iTunes music files are DRM protected. That is to say, you cannot play them directly unless you convert them to plain media formats.

BTW, there are some Apple Music Converter that can convert Apple Music Files to MP3.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  4. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

No they're not. At least music files aren't.