1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iTunes playlists no longer working in Sonos

Discussion in 'General iTunes Usage' started by PJ07, Jul 1, 2015.

1. PJ07

PJ07 Member

I keep all my music in the iTunes library on my Mac. Each night, my entire iTunes library (actually, updates only) is copied to a NAS. I then use Sonos to stream music from the NAS to various speakers in my house.

With the update of Apple Music yesterday, Sonos no longer recognizes iTunes playlists. I posted a query on the Sonos customer forum on this. No resolution yet, but two other people confirmed that they are experiencing the same problem. So probably not just me.

If anyone finds a solution for this, pls post. Thanks

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

Apple has said that Apple Music doesn't work with Sonos, and that they're planning to integrate it by the end of the year. I don't know if that means iTunes overall.

3. PJ07

PJ07 Member

Yes, thanks. I was aware of that. But I have not activated Apple Music. I'm just trying to play my own iTunes library over Sonos. All my iTunes music still plays in Sonos, and I can still search and play songs in Sonos by artist, album, etc. But for some reason only the playlists (what Sonos calls "imported playlists", but which actually are iTunes playlists) feature has stopped working.

4. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

I'm guessing that the playlist format has changed slightly. This might be the issue that people have mentioned about Sonos and Apple Music.

5. PJ07

PJ07 Member

I think you are correct. I guess Sonos will fix their side in the near future ...

6. PJ07

PJ07 Member

Response from Sonos on this issue:

[​IMG]