1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iTunes wiped out all my album art

Discussion in 'General iTunes Usage' started by typecase, Feb 19, 2017.

1. typecase

typecase New Member

Hello,

I was forced to upgrade to iTunes 12 when I got my iPhone 6 swapped at the Apple Store. It also forced an upgrade from my beloved Snow Leopard. In doing so, however, all my carefully curated album art is gone. Most of the albums are just a gray note on a white background now, despite nearly every album or track having had album art before. Needless to say, I'm disappointed. iTunes and the new music player on the iPhone are IMHO disastrous but is there any way to get my art back?

I've already tried the tips in Kirk's Macworld article but redownloading them didn't download all or even most of the art

http://www.macworld.com/article/205...et-the-itunes-store-app-to-work-in-ios-7.html

Any ideas?

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

This is weird, because if you lost the artwork that means it wasn't embedded in the files. Yet you say "carefully curated," which means, I assume, that you did paste it in the files. What do you see if you look at a file that's missing artwork in the Finder? Select a file and press Command-I and see if artwork displays in the Preview section of the Inspector.