1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Kind changed from Movies to Home Videos

Discussion in 'Video & Film' started by PJ07, Jul 2, 2015.

  1. PJ07

    PJ07 Member

    I noticed today that about 30% of my videos have been reclassified from Movies to Home Videos. I assume that yesterday's update to iTune 12.2 caused the Media Kind to be changed. The other 70% of my videos still appear with Media Kind set to Movies. I do not see a pattern that would indicate why only some videos were changed to Home Videos.

    Is anyone else experiencing this? It's simple enough to change them back, but I hope there is not a more subtle problem at play. Thx
     
  2. PJ07

    PJ07 Member

    Another piece of information: If I do CMD-I on one of the changed videos within iTunes, I can see that Media Kind is set to Home Videos. But if I look in the iTunes folder structure, I still see the video in the iTunes > iTunes Media > Movies folder. It has not been moved to the Home Videos folder.
     
  3. kirk

    kirk Administrator Staff Member

    Interesting. It sounds like it's changing a tag but not the folder. When you add videos, they go into Home Movies by default, but since this was due too the update, I think it's probably just a glitch. Change the tags, and see if they stick over time.
     

Share This Page