1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MiniPlayer Control

Discussion in 'General iTunes Usage' started by pbGuy, Mar 22, 2017.

1. pbGuy

pbGuy New Member

Borrowing a snap from Kirk's column "iTunes 12.6 Overhauls the MiniPlayer Window" ( http://www.kirkville.com ), I've been experiencing an issue with the circled-control.

MiniPlayer Expand.jpg

When I click the circled-control to expand to iTunes full screen, and then (say, in a Podcast) subsequently click the Podcast's thumbnail artwork (in the track section) to return back to the MiniPlayer, this control item disappears. ...And, it's only after some resizing-interaction with the MiniPlayer window that causes control item to return.

Am I the only experiencing this minor issue?

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

No, I saw it too. I'm going to file a bug report.

3. pbGuy

pbGuy New Member

You mention, on your website, that the 2d version of iTunes 12.6 appears to have fixed the MiniPlayer Control. ...Not for me.

4. kirk

Really? Everyone I've heard from has seen it fixed. Try reinstalling iTunes perhaps.

5. pbGuy

pbGuy New Member

...Completed.

After doing an expand / collapse, issue persists. I have to do some resizing, in order to get the control back.

MP Control.jpg
    MP Control 2.jpg

Further thoughts?

6. kirk

No, I'm at a loss here. Do you use any type of window management utility that might be blocking the close button?

7. pbGuy

pbGuy New Member

No

The only reliable control method (works both ways) is the keystroke combination: Shft-Cmd-M

But even when I collapse - expand the MiniPlayer, using this keystroke combination, the control icon does not reappear unless I subsequently invoke a manual resizing.

8. pbGuy

pbGuy New Member

As a follow-up, I'm wondering if my reinstall of iTunes 12.6 was the second version. Take a look at the screenshots and advise what you think.

My iTunes.jpg

Is my iTunes version the 2d version?

iTunes Download.jpg

Looking at the 1-23-17 date, from Apple's page where I downloaded for manual reinstall, it doesn't appear this is the second version.

If such is the case, where can I download the 2d update?

I've now completed another reinstall (getting the download from http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/thank-you/ ). Same version shows in my iTunes.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  9. kirk

.100 is the second version.

10. pbGuy

pbGuy New Member

...Hmmm

Even after the 2d reinstall of the 2d version, my MiniPlayer's control hasn't changed. ...Maybe in the next version. :(