1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple Syncs Needed to Download Songs from iTunes to Devices

Discussion in 'Syncing iOS Devices' started by Alan, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Alan

Alan New Member

No question here. Just a post of my experience, and it seems to be similar to Nick's Mind of Its Own post...

Earlier this month I bought a iPhone 6S. The first sync of playlists resulted in no transfer/(download) of tunes to the phone. The playlists were there, but every song had a cloud next to it. In an unscientific fashion I then sync'd the phone multiple times in a row. When I was done the songs were all on the device.

Yesterday I upgraded my 5S, which I will use as an iPod now, to iOS10, and I changed the playlists to sync on that device. The same thing happened. The 1st sync of the new playlists resulted in no downloads of tunes to the device. Again, the playlists were there, but each song would have to be downloaded from the cloud. A 2nd sync did the trick.

It's a slight annoyance, but I wonder if not downloading a playlist's tunes on the 1st sync is a feature or a bug or if I've got some setting checked so that this is expected.

-Alan

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

I've seen this happen with new iPhones in recent years. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but it is annoying.