1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Genre Doesn't Transfer To AppleTV 4

Discussion in 'Apple TV' started by HamsterDR, Dec 22, 2015.

1. HamsterDR

HamsterDR New Member

I have an iTunes music library that I like to play on my new AppleTV (V4). Since this is the season, I have reviewed my iTunes library and made sure that all the Christmas music albums have a "Holiday" genre assigned (that's 21 albums). However, when I view the music on my AppleTV, and select the Holiday genre, I only see four albums - with most of the holiday music missing (though I can find the albums by browsing through the complete set of albums, though that is awkward given that I have 11,580 items in the library).

One symptom is that when I check "My Music" in iTunes and select the Holiday Genre, I see all the music, but the songs for most (not all) of the albums are not consolidated into albums - songs in the same album are split into different sections - so that the same album shows up in multiple places. For example, the album "Winter Wonderland" shows up once for song 9, again for song 1, once for song 8, and so forth. My guess is the the fact that the songs are separated in this way is preventing the AppleTV from seeing all the albums.

Any idea of how to deal with this?

2. PJ07

PJ07 Member

This is a long shot, but easy to check: In iTunes > Preferences > Sharing, are you sharing your entire iTunes library?

3. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

Are all the songs checked? In iTunes 12, you don't see the checkboxes in all views; only in list views. Select a bunch of songs, right-click, and choose Check Selection. (If they are all checked, you'll see Uncheck Selection.)