1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New podcast issues in iTunes

Discussion in 'Podcasts' started by Jeff R, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Jeff R

Jeff R New Member

Beginning Jan 1 2017, I've encountered a bothersome issue with podcasts.

Not all of my podcasts subscriptions are updating with new podcasts. I subscribe to many music podcasts, of which the authors release new ones weekly. Several, but not all, of my podcasts stopped updating with new ones as of Jan 1st. I've checked other sources like soundcloud/beatport and verified that the authors are still releasing new material. It's just not updating to iTunes. But again, it's just some, not all podcasts. Have you heard of this issue and is there any resolution to it?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  2. Steve H

Steve H New Member

This is increasingly happening to me too. For several podcasts to which I'm supposedly subscribed on iTunes, I now have to manually download new episodes from the podcast page in iTunes store.

3. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

I haven't seen this, but I don't do much with podcasts on iTunes. I have a half dozen podcasts that I download just so I can have a podcast library, but I do all my listening on Overcast on an iOS device.