1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No More iTunes Match

Discussion in 'Apple Music & iTunes Match' started by Fourforks, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Fourforks

Fourforks New Member

So given Kirk's article on Macworld we no longer need iTunes Music and iTunes Match. Any idea if that means there is a refund for the portion of the year my Match subscription is pointless?

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

No, Apple told me they will not be issuing refunds. I think that's a bit annoying, especially if you recently subscribed or renewed your subscription, but it's their decision. Perhaps if enough people complain, there will be a Matchgate, and they'll have to pay up. :)

3. Tambe257

Tambe257 New Member

I subscribe to Apple Music and iTunes Match. My auto renew for match is coming up this month. It's safe to cancel it? I'm so afraid to mess with it, since I've had so few issues...

4. kirk

Yes, Apple Music now includes the same matching algorithm. I've cancelled my iTunes Match subscription.

5. Fourforks

Fourforks New Member

Just checking as my subscription is up next month, have there been any issues with Apple Music once the iTunes Match subscription is cancelled. I know that the advice and logic is to cancel but we are dealing with an Apple Cloud service. So, is it safe to do so?

6. kirk

I've cancelled mine a few days ago, but I only use iTunes Match on my test library. I haven't seen any problems... yet.