1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playlist changes music format

Discussion in 'Ripping, Converting, Files & Formats' started by wkiser, May 30, 2016.

1. wkiser

wkiser New Member

This was a song I ripped from my CD. That was probably the 8/6/11 date added. Then I upgraded the song to the Matched AAC audio file some time after I signed up for iTunes Match. That is likely the modified date.
    I can make it happen right if I right click the MP3 song and choose to Add to iCloud Music Library. That seems to force the MP3 version into the iCloud Music Library which will then allow it to remain an MP3 in the Playlist.
    I can also force another workaround. If I add a song to the Playlist that isn't in the iCloud Music Library (usually one with too small a bit rate that iTunes Match won't handle), it removes the Playlist from the iCloud Music Library. I can then add whatever MP3 songs I wish and the format will remain. I can then burn the CD and move on.
    Oh, well. I truly appreciate the time you've spent on this with me. And, I look forward to your regular columns. Thanks.
    Wendell