1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Podcasts list defaults to classic

Discussion in 'Podcasts' started by FlyingV, Sep 15, 2016.

1. FlyingV

FlyingV New Member

I have been having this problem for months. I updated to 12.5 and thought the problem went away but it persists.

Basically it is this.

The list view for podcasts randomly comes up as the classic list view.
    I change it back to the standard list. And it may stay or it may switch back to classic.
    This Mac is running Yosemite and I think maybe that is the problem. It may also be something that happens when I connect older iPods. I can't identify what is causing this. I can switch it back but I would love for it to stay in the standard list view.

Has anybody else seen this problem and do they have a solution.

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

My gut feeling is that there's something messed up in your iTunes preferences. You should delete the prefs file - or move it to the desktop - and relaunch iTunes and see if it continues. Are you on Mac or Windows?

3. FlyingV

FlyingV New Member

I am on a Mac. I have never trashed prefs. I will wait until I have time so don't mess stuff up. Thanks.

4. annaks

annaks New Member

I have no solution, but you are not alone.
    I run El Capitan on an old macBook refreshed with a 1TB SSD, but I have no iPod or other device. That may rule out a few things.
    When I began a brand new library in iTunes 12, I don't think it started until I subscribed to lots of podcasts.
    Since I have a large podcast library (500GB), this is particularly bothersome because it can take from 2-20 minutes to switch back.
    I, too, am searching for a fix, maybe one that does not involve reverting to iTunes 11.