1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purchased songs

Discussion in 'Ripping, Converting, Files & Formats' started by Jon_Eric, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Jon_Eric

Jon_Eric New Member

I have a bunch of songs that I purchased from the iTunes Store that need to fixed (album art & tags) after I enabled iCloud Music Library (I have since decided to turn it off). I'd like to be able to do something that would prevent the iTunes Store from being able to make changes to them again. I'm thinking that re-encoding them again as a 256 kbps AAC m4a file would probably reduce the sound quality. Would I be able to use something like QuickTime Pro 7 to extract the "sound track" from them and then somehow put that in a new m4a file? Would something like this be enough to "disguise" the file so the iTunes Store wouldn't be able to touch it anymore?

Edit: It was too much work. I turned off iCloud Music Library and restored my iTunes Library from a backup.

Edit: I think I found a way to "disguise" purchased tracks - Sorting in iTunes vs iOS

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016