1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Renamed Albums by Mistake

Discussion in 'Apple Music & iTunes Match' started by Seanaudio, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Seanaudio

Seanaudio New Member

I am an Apple Music and Music Match subscriber. By mistake, I ended up renaming an enormous amount of albums the same name on my laptop. I intended to only do that to a few to consolidate, but didn’t realize until it was too late I had selected nearly my entire library. So now, nearly all my albums are named Woodstock Disk 1.

My laptop is my main machine. I’ve been able to restore my iTunes library back to “normal” from a Time Machine backup from last week. I’ve reopened iTunes pressing option to select the restored library. But now, as soon as iTunes hits the internet, all the albums that are “fixed” on the laptop end up going back to Woodstock Disk 1, meaning the music library in the cloud is overwriting the laptop’s library. I think all I need to do is to make the music in the cloud see that my laptop’s library is the “master”, but I’m not sure if that’s true, or how that should be done. I have an iphone and an ipad using the same apple ID. I also have 3 family members on my subscription with their own libraries, so I don’t want to mess them up in any way.

I’m on iTunes 12.5.3 on Sierra. Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Sean Amann

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

I think you need to remove all that music from your iTunes library, then wait a bit until iCloud Music Library updates. Then, turn off your wifi (or ethernet), add the music, correct the tags, then reconnect to the internet.