1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shakespeare

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fourforks, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Fourforks

Fourforks New Member

Very off topic question - Kirk you need a general arts or theatre section, anyone know if the streaming of Richard II tonight can be watched tomorrow or be on iPlayer or if there is a way of recording streaming like that? Not sure I want to stay up to midnight watching it!

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

Apparently it's streaming from 10:30 PM UK time. So you should be able to watch it tomorrow, on this page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/art...5NWhBHFd/stars-shine-to-celebrate-shakespeare

I think the time is calculated for US audiences, and I assume it'll be streamable for at least 24 hours, if not more. They haven't said anything about it being on the iPlayer.

If you do have an app that can record video - such as something for screencasts - you could record it. Or you could buy it on disc; not cheap, but well worth it. Here's my review:

DVD/Blu-Ray Review: Richard II, by the Royal Shakespeare Theatre

As for setting up an arts or theater section on the forum, I'm not sure there's enough interest right now. What would you see - links to upcoming events, films that can be rented or streamed? I cover a lot of such stuff on my website - probably more Shakespeare than most people want to see - but if there was a logical reason to add a forum here, I'm happy to do so.

3. Fourforks

Fourforks New Member

4. Fourforks

Fourforks New Member

Thank you. Any suggestions for a cheap/free screencast recorder?

A forum would I suppose enable people to comment upon your reviews and add their own reviews, although I can see why a review of say Faustus performed in Stratford (excellent but brutal by the way) may have a limited audience!!

5. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

Okay, I'll add it.

I haven't seen the Faustus. My partner and I had tickets one Tuesday, and as we were leaving for the theater, I noticed they were for the previous day, Monday. So we'll get to see it before it closes, but we missed it early on.