1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgraded to Touch 128GB - Question

Discussion in 'Syncing iOS Devices' started by LordMonoBrow, Jan 3, 2017.

1. LordMonoBrow

LordMonoBrow New Member

My situation may be unique.

For about 10 years I used iTunes almost completely off-line (old dial up account and non-wifi Dell Inspiron laptop) to build a library on my succession of iPod Classics.

My last Classic's battery went kaput and its content went blank when I did Scan Disk on it. So I recently upgraded to a Touch (128 GB) and got a new laptop to reassemble my referenced external hard drive library.

That part is going fine and dandy.

I wanted to synch all of this to my old iPod Classic as well for use with my Bose docking station, for home use.

While trying to do so I got the "69" error code that one song could not be synched, which was terminating the synch each time I restarted it. Then I saw an option which could allow me to synch certain artists, songs, albums, genres, etc. So I did that to avoid running into that particular song again (it's a classic rock song, so I have about 15 different versions of it, studio, live, covers, etc.).

The song (whichever version it is) has no problem being added to the Touch, just the Classic.

My problem is, now the Classic is not synching everything I previously added to the Touch library.

Last night I added about 500 songs to the Touch library and that material was able to synch to the Classic, but not the previous material.

I know I caused this by checking only some of the boxes to see it would work. I think it can be fixed it I can get back to that option to check off all of the boxes. But I can't find my way back to it.

Sorry if this is a stupid question

2. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

Select the device in iTunes when it's connected. Click Music in the top section of the sidebar, then check Sync All Music.

3. LordMonoBrow

LordMonoBrow New Member

Exactly what I needed. Thanks Kirk. Lord Monobrow is pleased.

Any idea why the "69 Error" occurred on the Classic but not on the new Touch?

4. kirk

kirk Administrator Staff Member

Who knows? The software is much older, and I can't even remember the last time it was updated. So there may be a bug that affects certain files that haven't been fixed.