1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upload to iTunes Match

Discussion in 'Apple Music & iTunes Match' started by Andreas L, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Andreas L

Andreas L New Member

I just added an album that I ripped from a CD, John Coltrane's A Love Supreme.

I keep all my music in iTunes Match and I don't have any music on my hard drive (I do have another backup tucked away...)

How do I get this new album into iTunes? I see there is a dotted cloud (see attachment) what does that mean?

A side-question: What happens if my hard disk goes cold. Can I redownload all my music through iTunes Match on a new Mac?

Hope that all makes sense

Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 23.46.02.png

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  2. someToast

someToast Member

Did that icon ever clear, or is it still a dashed, “waiting” outline?

Yes, but…

Sometimes the label will remove tracks/albums and they’ll no longer be available for re-download. Also there’s the possibility of error on uploaded tracks — just last week I had one that couldn’t be played (“This item cannot be downloaded. The item you have requested is not available to download.”) and my only option was to completely delete from iTunes and then re-upload a local copy.

3. Andreas L

Andreas L New Member

Alright thanks! Yeah the cloud is now normal looking so I deleted the local copy. So in theory I would be able to transfer to a new Mac and have all my music re-appear in iTunes on my new Mac through iTunes Match?

4. someToast

someToast Member

Yes, fingers crossed! :)